The RCMP desk sergeant and the corporal's dream

' I had a horrible nightmare last night' the corporal said to the sergeant by way of good morning.

'What about?' asked the sergeant with interest.

'Some guy named George Forbes wrote an article about the RCMP, recommending that guys who f***up should have their guns taken away and ordered to work their shifts in community service like doing dishes in soup kitchens or helping out the orderlies in hospitals until they can be fired or until they serve their time- depending on what they did wrong,' the corporal outlined.

'That's a horrible idea!' the sergeant replied outraged and a little fearfull.

'Ya well, remember that time I got caught on video punching that handcuffed guy in the face? I dreamed they assigned me to clean out the outhouses in a provincial park while the regular workers did the other things like blazing trails', said the corporal.

'That's a pretty bad dream alright', sympathised the sergeant. 'It's amazing what some people have to do for a living. Makes you glad you got your grade 12 and joined the force.'

'It gets worse!' the corporal continued. 'While I was mopping some stray crap off the backhouse floor my cell phone rang and I dropped it down the hole. I made a grab for it and my new sun glasses fell out of my shirt pocket and went down the hole too. Then I slipped and fell on my ass right into my bucket and the mop handle hit me under the chin. I took a big breath to curse and just about had a heart attack from the stink. I got so mad I kicked the door off the hinges and stomped off to a pay phone and called in and quit ', the corporal summarized with a shudder.

'Let's hope that George Forbes guy never gets Shirley Bond's job', the sergeant said, shuddering at the mental image conjured up by the corporal's words.

'Whose Shirley Bond?' asked the corporal.

'She's our boss', the sergeant explained. 'If she'd been in your dream you wouldn't have been sent to that outhouse. You'd have received a good bawling out and been sent home for ten days with pay to watch TV and play video games.'
Shirley Bond,
BC Attorney General

No comments:

Post a Comment